Check out this planning checklist to create your unique funeral arrangements but remember that you don’t need to make all these decisions right now. If you want to talk with one of our staff members about creating personalized funeral plans, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Note any specific instructions for your services and final disposition.
- Organize personal information for your obituary.
The Funeral Service
- Select burial or cremation.
- Choose a casket or cremation container.
- Pick funeral locations and service types.
- Make a note of any desired traditions or religious rituals.
- Select the attire you want to be dressed in.
- Designate pallbearers.
- Select a clergy member or officiator for the service.
- Pick friends or family members to say the eulogy, read scripture, do a speech, or other readings.
- If you wish, choose any musicians.
- Choose a cemetery.
- Select a burial plot or mausoleum.
- Select a memorial or grave marker and inscription.
- Decide who will keep your urn.
- Decide who will scatter your ashes and where.
- Personal Information
- Your father’s name
- Your mother’s maiden name
- Your social security number
- Your level of education
- Bring your DD214